B KIDS SPORTS WEEK
B Kids Sports Week sign-up is now CLOSED.
Please join us again next year!
B Kids Sports Week is a week where kids will get to learn new sport skills as well as learn how the Bible can teach us essential truths that lead to victory! We will be hosting two sports: Soccer and Dance. Spots are limited as we only have capacity to host 20 children for each sport (40 total). We will be having a Socially Distanced Picnic on Thursday, August 13th from 5:00 pm-8:00 pm. Please confirm your invitation to the Picnic where we will be showcasing newly learned skills. You can sign up through the registration portal or RSVP by emailing email@example.com.
B Kids Sports: Monday, August 10th -14th, 9:00AM – 12:00 PM
Family Picnic (Socially Distanced): Thursday, August 13th 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Where: In the field at 1418 Lake Ontario Drive
Age: 6 to 12 years
Cost: $25 PER CHILD.
This year, payment will be done through e-transfer. Please e-transfer the fee ($25 per camper) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “B Kids Camp” and the first and last name of the child(ren) in the memo.
Drop-Off and Pick-up
Registration opens at 8:50 AM every morning.
For the safety of your child we have strict registration procedures:
A self-assessment must be completed each day 1 HOUR before attending program activities. A confirmation email or text must be shown at the registration desk each day.
- On Monday parents will complete registration and sign-in their children based on their sport groupings.
- You will receive a waiver to review and complete/sign (if not already completed online).
- If there are any allergies or medical concerns, you will be directed to our safety coach.
- Each day you will be given a claim tag for your child(ren), which you will need to provide to the Head Coach for dismissal. If someone else will be picking up your child and you will not be able to provide him/her with the claim tag, please inform the registrar. We will ask for I.D verification if there is no claim tag present.
What to Bring/Wear:
- Please label all belongings with your child’s name (first and last initial) including the T-Shirt they receive on the first day.
- Apply sunscreen/bug spray to camper before camp (no sharing is permitted).
- Water bottle and a hat.
- Dress your child in comfortable active wear and running shoes.
- Please send a peanut free snack with your child.
In the case of bad weather, we will be cancelling all programming for the day. If cancelled, you will receive a call that morning.
Safety and Privacy:
- If you have any specific concerns (e.g., who is allowed to pick up your child, serious allergies, etc.), please speak to the Registrar or call the office at 403-278-4518.
- Please bring any prescription medications with you to the registration table. Emergency medication such as epi-pens and inhalers will be kept with your child’s coaches for the duration of the activity. If necessary, an anaphylaxis form may need to be filled out.
- Due to privacy concerns, please only take photos of your own child. We have in-camp photographers who will be taking some photos for in-house purposes. If you have concerns, please talk to the registration team.
We will be having a Socially Distanced Picnic on Thursday, August 13th from 5:00 pm-8:00 pm. Please confirm your invitation to the Picnic where we will be showcasing newly learned skills. You can sign up through the registration portal or RSVP by emailing email@example.com.
We are working diligently to ensure the safety of all children, volunteers and staff at camp. This includes taking daily symptoms check, the use of masks, physical distancing, following respiratory etiquette and following guidelines outlined by Alberta Health Services.
- A self-assessment must be completed each day 1 HOUR before attending program activities. A confirmation email or text must be shown at the registration desk each day. A link will be provided prior to camp.
- To reduce intermixing we will be forming cohorts for B Kids Sports Week. A cohort is defined as a group of attendees and staff members assigned to a group who stay together throughout the day. Cohorts will work like our typical huddle groups this summer and kids will be grouped by age (you can request to be in the same huddle group as someone else). These groups will stay together throughout the week and complete activities together with the same staff.
- All staff/volunteers will be required to wear a mask and only allowed to remove mask during snack time where a distance of 2 meters must be maintained or during physical activity.
- Physical contact will not be allowed.
- Sharing of items will not be permitted outside of families. Each camper must bring their own bug spray, sunscreen, water bottle, and snacks (must be clearly labeled).
- Distancing of 2 meters will be maintained for the most part but will not always be guaranteed. We will avoid activities where campers are coming in close contact with each other, but we know kids and sometimes they run/play close to each other during the course of a game. The game is designed to keep a proper physical distance, but as campers run and weave around each other they may come closer than 2 meters. Games like this will only be played in cohorts with about 10 total people.
- All campers and staff will hand sanitize each time they use a bathroom, and before and after they use any equipment. Hand sanitizer will be provided by the camp.
For general questions and information, you can contact us whether through phone 403-278-4518 or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org